Information Management as a Service
- You don't have the budget for your own full-time in-house DBA?
- Not sure about the current status of your database?
- Are you in need of structured database policies and procedures?
- Do you have a current DBA who is swamped and needs some relief?
- Want to outsource the DBA role and focus on your core business?
- Are going through a major conversion or implementation?
Then we offer the service you are looking for: IMaaS
Infocura’s IMaaS service provides the best possible service for every aspect of managed database administration services. It allows our customers to focus on their core competencies while ensuring the DBMS remains healthy and performant in a cost effective manner. Infocura has a team of Certified Database Administrators which together have decades of database experience. These DBA’s are available to help on an "on-Demand" or "as scheduled” base, depending on your request.
- Fixed agenda - managed cost and scope.
- Cost saving - Experienced people for a fraction of the cost of internal people.
- Outsourcing of specific DBA functions, without losing control.
- Internal people can work on new tasks, without the daily data maintenance overhead.
- Avoid education costs of training your own DBA's.
- Avoid over-staffing costs to assure redundancy.
Infocura's IMaaS is available in pre-defined packages (see table below). These packages can be tailored on demand for the customer and his specific situation. Examples of possible tasks:
- Audit of existing backup and recovery procedures and schedules
- Audit / Health check of the current installation
- Configuration problem determination (DBM and DB parameters, buffer pool sizing and tuning, tablespace design, ..)
- Identification of necessity to REORG tables
- Identification of long running queries
- Follow-up of open issues
- Resolution of "non-structural and/or sporadic" issues
- Implementation of backup and recovery procedures and schedules
- Audit / Manage security aspects (users, roles, privileges)
- Installation / Implementation of missing PTF and Fix packs
- Workload analysis and solution proposals for top 10 consumers
- Explanation / Optimization of Access Plans
- Applicative troubleshooting
- Impact analysis of planned modifications and/or migrations
- Setup and configuration of new DBMS instances and/or databases
- In-house support for system DBAs
- In-house support for application DBAs
- Installation / Upgrade of DBMS versions
- Installation / Upgrade of DBMS tools
- Contacts with LABs in case of bugs/workarounds
- Workload analysis and solution proposals for optimization
- Buffer pool tuning
- Tablespace design / implementation / tuning
- Database modeling & design
- Capacity planning
- Design DB clustering / Partitioning
- Database helpdesk
- Assistance during modifications and/or migrations
- Audit of database constraints & integrity (on applicative level)
- Training / Education / Mentorship