DB2 for Linux, Unix and Windows Database Administrator
Infocura is seeking a DB2 for Linux, Unix and Windows database administrator.
INFOCURA offers a full range of data management services. Our consultants are certified information management & security specialists, senior business consultants, technical experts and professional instructors delivering data management services to organizations of all sizes, both in private and public industries.
Your primary responsibility lies within the following areas:
Creation and maintenance of the databases
- Automation of repetitive tasks
- Assessment and installation of patches and updates
- Proactive monitoring of the databases
- Capacity management
- Incident management
- Knowledge management
- Problem Management with the IBM support service (PMR), collaboration with the laboratories and follow up of the tickets.
Participation in the internal projects of systems evolution
- Analysis of new needs and advice on the database technology to use
- Definition of architecture and new standards
- Technical support
Technical support to development teams
- Conceptual and physical analysis of data patterns
- Tuning SQL Queries
- Data transfer between different environments
What do we expect?
- A technical insight on the various layers of an IT environment
- The willingness to deepen your technical skills with regard to data platforms and their requirements
- The willingness to share your technical skills with the other members of our team
- You have good communication skills, can work autonomously and efficient and can communicate on a technical/project level in English and Dutch or French.
- Technical knowledge in the following domains:
- IBM DB2 LUW (versions 9 et 10.5)
- IBM HADR (High Availability and Disaster Recovery)
- IBM TSA (Tivoli System Automation)
- Performance tuning SQL
- IBM DB2 Security (Encryption, Authentication, Authorization, Auditing, ...)
- IBM DB2 Performance Optimization (partitioning, parallel processing,...)
What can be additional assets?
- Database Administration Experience on other database platforms: MS SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL or Oracle
- System administration experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Teaching experience (optional)
- The ability to speak multiple languages (Dutch, French, English and/or German)
What do we offer?
- Participation in a team of top data consultants
- Innovative projects in a dynamic technical context
- Rewarding projects that will allow you to steer your own career within the context of our working scope
- Open communication is part of the company culture. Your voice is important.
- Besides a competitive salary you will receive a number of extras such as a group and health insurance package, eco and culture vouchers as well as a company car.
Does this sound like your dream job? We would most certainly like to have a chat with you.